Whole Souul Living theme for May - Community
The Whole Souul Living Theme for July is Forgiveness, a subject both rich and deep. Consider this quote from Reinhold Niebuhr: Nothing that is worth doing can be achieved in our lifetime; therefore we must be saved by hope. Nothing which is true and beautiful or good makes complete sense in any immediate context of history; therefore we must be saved by faith. Nothing we do, however virtuous, can be accomplished alone; therefore we are saved by love. No virtuous act is quite as virtuous from the standpoint of our friend or foe as it is from our standpoint; therefore we must be saved by the final form of love which is forgiveness.
Questions for communal and individual reflection:
• Which is more difficult, forgiving those who have hurt us, or forgiving ourselves for the hurt we have caused to those we love?
• Is there a difference between forgiveness and compassion? How would you articulate this?
• Why is forgiveness difficult?
• What is the process (or some of the steps) involved in reaching forgiveness?
• Describe how forgiveness or being unable to forgive impacts our lives/relationships/souls.
• How do you know when you’ve reached forgiveness? What clues or knowledge come to you? And from where?
• What are you still hoping to, needing to, longing to forgive?
Powered by Drupal & Maintained by CreativeTech Partners
First Unitarian Denver1400 Lafayette StreetDenver, CO 80218
voice | (303) 831-7113fax | (303) 831-8458
Contact Us | Find Us